Wednesday, January 27, 2016


Hello Family and Friends,

How are all of you guys doing? I am super jealous of all of you family right now up there in Lakeside....skiing... I would love to do that right now. But no worries, I love what I am doing right now. It has been a crazy week. Really crazy. That is so cool that Elder Holland came and visited you all!!!!

Last Monday was the birthday of Elder Velaquez. So....after we finished writing, we went and had cake with a member and her family. It was a really good day for him.

Wednesday we milked cows!!!! It reminded me so much of home. Really...I miss it. After he gave us milk, and I am the only one that drinks it. Its not as good as Mona/s....but its better than the milk flavored water that we normally use:) (Note from Mary:  Mona was the name of the cow we had for 4 years.)

This week we spent a lot of time with getting everything prepared for our ward activity that we had on Friday.  Making programs, making the desserts with the relief society,  inviting people, and practicing. It really has been super crazy. this week feels like one really long day. I cant remember what happened on what day. It is all jumbled together.

On Thursday, during our practice....our ward mission leader showed up with a new pair of shoes for me. That was really cool. He said that he saw me the week before with my broken shoes, and so he bought me a new pair. He is awesome. So now I have two new pairs of shoes.

On Friday morning, Elder Barrientos and I went to Los Chuapas to do a baptismal interview. We ended up getting home at 1:00, went and ate lunch, and then went to the church to set everything up. We had so much to do and so little time to do it. We set up the projector, the seats, and sound system and the contacting table. Then we ran to the house, and showered, and then ran back for a final practice. Everything was going good, until 15 minutes before we started. The sound system went out!  It was very stressful!!!  We finally got everything ready, and all turned out really well.  Not very many people came, but the Spirit was super strong. We had investigators and members crying.  I almost cried at one point.  It was amazing.  Best ward activity I have ever been to.  President wasn't able to come because of an emergency that came up...but it still turned out really well.  A sister in our ward showed up in the last five minutes, but said that entering the room was like getting punched in the face with the Spirit.  That was really cool.

Saturday we had a special conference with President Morales. We talked more about the 12 week program, that I told you all about last week, and then we did some practices. It was really cool. We got to teach an investigator that some sisters brought, and we committed him to be baptized. The Spirit was super strong, with all of those missionaries practicing.  It was awesome.

After the conference, I went and stayed two days with Elder Elder in our Zone, because his companion finished his mission and went home.  I worked in his area until today because he didn't have a companion.  Today, I was in the bus station all day long because of transfers. I was in charge of directing all of the transfers of both the Zones in Coatza. I was there from 7:00 this morning until 5:00 this afternoon. My companion got transferred.  It is a little bitter-sweet. He taught me a lot, but at the same time there were some challenges. 

Now I am with Elder Stoddard.  He is from Idaho, and it is his first time being a zone leader. He has 16 months in the mission, and from what I can see....he is a hard worker. I am very excited for the transfer that we have ahead of us.

Sorry, that my letter is short this week...we just got back from Coatza and we have a lot of work to do. I will write more next week.

I Love you all so much!!! Have wonderful week:)


Elder Cavenee

Milkiing Cows
Baby Cows

No comments:

Post a Comment