Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Christmas Week

Family,

It was so great to see all of you last week and talk to you all. It was awesome to see how all of you are doing. You all have changed so much!!

Anyways...this week was pretty awesome with Christmas and everything. Last Tuesday we Baptized Romario. He asked me to baptize him, and that was really cool. On Sunday he received the Holy Ghost, and next Sunday he'll get the priesthood. He is so awesome and is so excited to be a member of the church.



On Thursday and Friday we ate so much food. We were invited to 5 breakfasts, 4 lunches and 10 dinners over the course of two days. It was really great, but really hard at the same time. We ate everything that the sisters prepared for us because it is very rude to not accept food when it is offered. We ate mole, turkey, spagetti, ham, potatoes, hamburgers, tacos, tortas, pozole....and a whole lot more. It was amazing. I think I've put on a few pounds though:) Our fridge is also full of a ton of food that members brought us.

On Christmas Eve, we had our last dinner with a family in the ward. They prepared a piñata for us...that was awesome. When we got home we set off floating lanterns. There is a sister in the ward that sells fireworks, so she gave us floating lanterns for free. We all wrote wishes on them and sent them off flying. That was really cool. Then we sat on the roof watching fireworks and drinking Martinelli's. (We found them here.) I missed watching ''It's a Wonderful Life''....first Christmas without that movie.....but oh well.

Christmas Even breaking a pinata.
Christmas Eve setting off floating lanterns!
On Christmas, we got up and opened all of our presents, and ate pie for breakfast! Thank you all for the presents. It was really fun. Then I got to talk to you all! That was the greatest present of all.

This week were are going to be doing a lot of divisions. One of the areas in the zone is not doing so well, so we are going out there this week to see what's up. We are trying to find out how to help them out.

I am in the process of writing/creating a devotional/fireside for Agua Dulce about the Restoration. It is coming together really well. I am writing several talks about the different principles and am planning musical numbers. We are going to do it on the 15th of January. Yesterday I invited President, and he said that he would come. I am super excited! I'm just hoping that I can get all the details in my head to work out! The goal is find a ton of new investigators from the people that members bring. We are trying to make it a big thing. There is still a lot to do....but I'll let you know how it goes.

Sorry if my letter this week seems a little scattered. I have a lot of things on my mind and things to do, and my companion is sick so I don't have a lot of help. No worries though...everything will work out:)



I Love you all and wish you all a wonderful New Years!!!!!

Love,

Elder Cavenee


Pictures:

Piñata
Floating Lantern


No comments:

Post a Comment