Friday, March 11, 2016

Birthday Week!

Family, (Note from Mary:  This is from March 1st, 2 days after Elder Cavenee's birthday)

How are you all doing? I hope that things are going better there back at home. It is wonderful to hear how much Jackson is progressing. I feel like everything is going to be okay.

Everything is going great here. This past week was super awesome. On Wednesday we had a special conference with President Morales. We all had to bring someone from our areas to practice with. It was a lot of fun. we practiced all 5 lessons from preach my gospel to members, less actives, and investigators that were brought by the missionaries. We brought a less active sister, and at first she didn't want to come. We convinced her to come, and afterwards, she thanked us a ton. She is going through some trials right now, and during that meeting/practices she found a lot of answers that she was looking for. She said that she really wished her family would have come too. It was a great experience to practice our lessons, but at the same time, feel the Spirit a ton.

After the practices we had a sports activity. We played volleyball with President Morales. It was super fun. We set up three teams and palyed King of the Court. It was so fun to play against President because he gets really competitive. He started making fun of all of us, and when we would score on him, he threatened to transfer us. At the end we played a tournament. It ended up with our team against his, and they beat us. So...we talked him into another game, and we won. He couldn't end like that, so we played another game, and his team won again. It was a lot of fun.

Last week, we had a less active family that came to church and they brought their neighbor with them, Ofelia. On Tuesday we went and taught her with this family, and she accpeted baptism for that Saturday. We worked really hard with her this week, and on Saturday, she was baptized. That was the greatest Birthday Present that I could have, and did receive. It felt really good to baptize again.

Saturday was my Birthday. I'm now 20 years old!!!! That is to crazy to think about. It was a great day. Elder Stoddard, Velazquez and Gonzalez woke me up super early and sang me las Mañanitas (Happy Birthday in Spanish). They bought me a little cake and had me blow out a match:) After the baptism we went to Hermana Niki's house. She bought Pizza, and made me a Nutella cake. It was super good!!! There is a crazy cake tradition here. First they sing to you, then you blow out your candles, and then you have to take a bite of the cake. But when you take a bite, they always shove your face in it. I was prepared though, and Elder Velazquez had to put all his weight on me to smash my face, and he succeeded. Then I learned how to dance Salsa and Bachata (latino dances). Elder Gonzalez, and Adrian (Niki's brother) taught me how. It was super fun. Hermana Niki gave me cologne, and Areli (Niki's sister) made me a scarf. It was a lot of fun.

On Sunday, Ofelia was confirmed. It was really special. We also had another investigator at church. It is the dad of an active family, that just had never accepted the gospel. He came to church on Sunday, and he has a baptismal date for the 12 of March.

At lunch on Sunday, for my birthday, the sisters made Carlote. It is a really good dessert. It is a layer of crackers, then a layer of some creamy yo-gurht type stuff, and then a layer of peaches. It is super good. Then later, we went to another sister's house for more birthday cake:) And yes, I got my face smashed again. I ate a ton of cake, but it was all super good.

Transfers came on Sunday night, and I got a call. I spent all night packing. This morning I got up super early to head into Coatza for transfers. I got transfered to Comoacalco, zone Cardenas. My new companion is Elder de los Cobos from México. He has six months in the mission, and we are the Zone leaders here. It is going to be am awesome area!!! This zone is twice as big as my last zone. I'm so excited.

Anyways, I am doing super good, and just loving life. I Love you all so much and am thankful for all of you. Thanks for all the Birthday wishes:)

Love,

Elder Cavenee

Pictures:

Practicing piano for Leadership Council on Wedesday
Birthday Cake with exploding Candle

No comments:

Post a Comment