Thursday, April 14, 2016

General Conference!

Hello Everyone, (Note from Mary:  this is from Monday, April 4th)

It's good to hear about what's going on back at home. I'm sorry for all of the problems.  I understand that life sometimes can and will be stressful and hard. Full of challenges. But....all of those challenges and hard times are to help us become more like Christ. I pray for you all everyday so that you can all have the strength to overcome the problems that come into your lives.

That is really amazing all that is going on with Jackson. Although he has many setbacks, and a long way to go for full recovery....I think this experience was a for the best. We all strengthened our faith...we know that miracles still exist. We are witnesses of many, that have passed in the past couple weeks. Jackson has become closer to his spiritual side...improving his spiritual talents, and having those sacred experiences.

No worries about the call. Everything was working perfectly on my end. I could see and hear you all....I don't know what the problem was. Oh well....it was good to see you all and listen to your voices. I Love you all!!!

How about that weekend? That was one of the most inspirational weekends that I have had on my mission, and by far my favorite General Conference. As a missionary it is a little stressful because we are worrying about investigators coming, and we were in charge of setting up the church....so it was really stressful at the beginning, but once it started.....I received an overwhelming peace that calmed me down. It was wonderful. Saturday I watched the first two sessions in Spanish. I watched the priesthood session and the two sessions on Sunday in English. It was great.

Russell M Nelson gave an amazing talk in the priesthood session. The Price of Priesthood Power. He taught us that as priesthood holders we are not living up to our potential. One thing that he said hit me really hard ''In a coming day, only those men who have taken their priesthood seriously, by diligently seeking to be taught by the Lord Himself, will be able to bless, guide, protect, strengthen, and heal others. Only a man who had paid the price for priesthood power will be able to bring miracles to those he loves and keep his marriage and family safe, now and throughout eternity''.  ''If we will humbly present ourselves before the Lord and ask Him to teach us, He will show us how to increase our access to His power''. It made me think about what I am doing to strengthen and grow my priesthood. I still have a long way to go. I am now going to search this teaching from the Lord to learn how to increase my access to His power.

And on Sunday....Elder Holland's talk was my favorite. ''Keep trying. Keep trusting. Keep believing. Keep growing. Heaven is cheering you on today, tomorrow, and forever.'' Our desire to do good, if we try, we can be changed by the atonement of Jesus Christ. He will help us to keep going. God loves us....He really does. I feel and see that love in the lives of everyone I teach here. God wants us to change, and that is why he Gave us His son.

I love the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that anyone can be changed by applying the principles of that Gospel to their lives. Anyone. Not a single one of us is alone in this world. Se con todo mi corazon que somos hijos de Dios. El nos reservo para esta época. Somos sus mas fuertes, preparado a enfrentar los mas difíciles situaciones. Y no lo tenemos que hacer solos. Nuestro hermano Jesucristo esta a nuestro lado en cada momento. Se que todo eso es verdad. Lo se sin ninguna duda.

I love you all. I love being in the mission. I love life.

I wish you all a wonderful and spirit filled week. I'll talk to you all soon.

Love,

Elder Cavenee

P.S. Sorry....I didn't take any pictures this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment