Friday, February 19, 2016

Love

Hey Guys,

I know that we are all struggling right now....but I know that everything is going to be okay. I want each and one of you to know how much I love you. You guys are the most important people of my life. Close your eyes and pretend that I am giving each and every one of you a big hug. I LOVE you guys.

I know God gives us trials only to help us become stronger. And through those trials, we do become stronger. I know our family has continually been strengthened by all of the things that we have passed through together. After all this is over, we will be even stronger.

Saturday for me was by far, the hardest day of my entire life. As I'm sure it was for you guys as well (or Friday). I think I went into shock...the rest of the day I felt like I was going to wake up from a really bad dream, and that everything was going to be fine and normal. But it didn't, and I've had to face the reality. To make things worse, our baptism fell through. I didn't understand why.

On Tuesday, we went with a member to visit a inactive family. We had a really nice lesson with them teaching them about the Sabbath day, and the blessings that come from participating in the Sacrament every week. It was a very good lesson, and this family of 16 committed to come to church on Sunday. As we were leaving, they all got excited because one of their brothers had just turned nine, and he wasn't baptized yet. They asked us if we could baptize him on Saturday....so we planned everything out and visited them every day to teach him, and make sure that everything was okay. When I talked to you all on Saturday, I was banking on that baptism to lighten me up and give me a boost. I felt like is was a tender mercy set up beforehand by the Lord to help me out that day. On Saturday, when we went to pick up this family, the aunt (she is the one that takes care of the boy) told us no. The entire week she was super excited about his baptism, but that day she would not let him. She wouldn't tell us why....she just said No. I was very confused....and a little angry. I felt like at this point God was just up there making fun of me, while watching me suffer. We went home, and I got on my knees and prayed for almost 2 hours. During that time, I was just filled with peace and love. I was really comforted. After that, my companion and I headed out to work.

On Sunday morning, I woke up and started to remember everything again. I felt alone, and sad, and didn't feel like doing anything. We left the house at 7:00 to go and look for investigators and bring them to church. Once again, trials. Not a single investigator was home or awake, or came to church with us. Once again I was filled with thoughts and feelings of ''Why am I here?'' ''No one want to listen to us.'' But....while I was sitting in Sacrament, I was praying very hard. Thinking about our Savior Jesus Christ. He has felt it all....He knows what is going on in each one of our lives, and He is here. With each and every one of us. I feel Him and His Love. I know He is here to give us the strength that we need. I Love Him.

Now I am doing well. My companion and I have a lot of plans to keep me busy and focused. I feel like I have recieved an extra amount of strength. I will be okay. I am praying for each and every one of you.

Teaching a Lesson
Jackson.....I Love you. You are the best little brother anyone could ever have. Your light and radiance is something special that you have, to help other people. So many people have been touched by you. So many people love you and need you. I need you. You are my example. Whenever I get sad here, I always think of you... and your light. I am praying for you so hard right now. You are going to make it through and when you come back, we will all be there for you. I Love you. I love how you sing. I love how hard it was to wake you up in the morning. I love how you were always there to cheer me up. I love how you are always positive. I love how different you are. I love how you love and care for everyone. I love how you don't judge and you see the best in everyone. I love how pure you are. I love your smile. I love your desire for adventure. I LOVE YOU JACKSON. You are my hero. So many people love you and you have touched the life of so many. Your mission is not done yet...so come back, please. Whatever fight you have left in you...keep pushing. Our Heavenly Father loves you and so does Jesus Christ. Know that and feel it.

For all of you out there that may at times feel alone....remember that you aren't. God and our Savior Jesus Christ are always here with us, to help us. He loves you. He knows you, and he is there to help you. I Love you:) God gives us trials, but if we have faith in Him, and we push through...the blessings that come are unimaginable.

On Tuesday we had interviews with President Morales. It was nice to talk with him for a little bit. At the end he told me something very nice and it made me feel really good. As I was walking out he stop
ped me and said ''Elder Cavenee...I Love you. I know I am not your father, but to me you feel like my son. You look like me (except for the handsome part) and I love you alot. You are going to do a lot of great things. Keep working hard.'' It was really nice to hear him say that. Then again after talking to you guys on Saturday, I talked to him and he told me ''Hang in there my son. Everything will be alright.'' I am recieving a lot of help right now.

We can make it through this. Keep praying and don't give up hope.
Working with members is awesome because they drive you everywhere!

I Love you all so much.

Elder Cavenee

Pictures:

Teaching a lesson
Working with members is awesome because they drive you everywhere

No comments:

Post a Comment