Friday, September 2, 2016

On Fire Literally and Figuratively!



Hello Family!!!!                                (This is from August 15th, 2016)

It's great to hear about your amazing lives. You guys are the best. Mom, doing Cinderella sounds like it will be super fun. I really don't remember who I was when I did it. I miss acting/singing....being in musicals. That was such a joy for me in High School. I hope that you have a great time with that. Sounds like it's going to be a good year with ALA!! I really want to be part of that group (Rob Gardner) when I get home. It would be super fun. Oh...here is President's email.... karl.haws@ldschurch.org
I was talking to another elder from my generation today, and it seems like our return date is December 19th. I hope it is so that I can be home for Christmas!!!!  (Note from Mary:  I emailed Pres. Haws and Brett's return date is exactly two years from when he left....Sat Jan. 7th....we will save Christmas until then!)

Dad....yes you can vote for me. Just vote for the same people you are voting for. Sounds like this class is going to be super cool. Eternal Families....it's something that we teach a lot about here. I really hope that you and mom enjoy teaching that class. How is your new calling going? You are going to be a great Young Men's president.

Jenna.....I still can't get over how grown up you are!!! You're in college now!!!! WHAT!!!! And working!!!! I'm very proud of you. Stay busy....and read your scriptures and Preach My Gospel everyday. Seriously...do it:) So....just a little bit of gossip....I have our family picture hung on the wall in my house, so when other Elders show up....they obviously see it. the funny thing is....they always ask about you;) It's really funny, and they all want your email...to talk to you. It's great:) Obviously I haven't passed any of them your email:) No worries;)

Jackson....keep doing good in school. Study hard....I believe in you!!! When do you start lacrosse? Keep being an awesome helper to mom.

Vanessa!!!! Swim Team!!!! That's awesome. Practice hard so that you can make it to the A lane for the meets:) I Love you!

Josephs engaged!!!! That is so cool. Give him a big hug for me!!!

So.....Elder Mendez went home:( He's gone now, and now I have a new companion....Elder Gonzalez form Ciudad Juarez in Chiuaua Mexico. He is really cool. We have the same time in the mission and we are super excited to work together. While I was sitting in the bus station waiting for my new companion all morning (I waited from 9:00am until 3:30), I got to see part of the Men's Volleyball game between USA and Mexico. We won!!! And I got a ton of crap from all the Mexican missionaries that were sitting with me...but hey...we won.
TGI Friday's with the Bishopric!!


Lady and her daughters are doing amazing. I caught Lady paying her tithing on Sunday. That filled me with a nice warm feeling. I got permission from President to go to the Temple with them on Wednesday to do baptisms. It is going to be their first time going. I am so excited. On Saturday night they made mole for dinner and decorated their house. It was a surprise for him. Everyone was crying. Lady has started talking with her friends about the Gospel and how it changed her life. We have appointments with them this week!!! Soari is attending seminary now, and Yajaira is working hard on her personal progress. They are amazing.

This week was la Semana de Bienestar for the relief society in our ward. I don't know what to call that in English, but it's when they all get together everyday of the week and have classes all day. About health, first aid, cooking and crafts....stuff like that. we spent several days in the church with them helping out preparing the activities. On Wednesday we taught a first aid class. That was really fun. Elder Mendez took an EMT course before his mission too, so it was fun to teach with him....something different than what we normally teach. On Thursday I taught the sister to make Cinnamon Rolls. It was super fun!!! All of the sisters were making jokes like ''Elder...why don't I have a daughter your age?'' or ''Sisters....we need to find a wife for elder Cavenee so that he stays here!'' Then they all made fun of me because I turned red. Everyone here thinks it is funny that I'm always turn red for whatever reason...heat...embarrasment...

We found a new investigator this week. His name is Jorge and he is from Ciudad Carmen, but he staying here for a while. He has read almost all of the Book of Mormon!!!! He is amazing. He came to church on Sunday and absolutely loved it. We are going to work hard with him to see if we can get him baptized before he goes back to Carmen.

Lucy is progressing very well. She went to the Relief Society activities this week. With lots of prayer she might get baptized this week. she loves coming to church.

We are working with Lady's mom and other daughter Ariana. Ariana lives with her Grandmother and takes care of her. They have both come to church several times, and are now starting to progress. They've seen the drastic change that has happened with Lady, and are now very interested. It's great....Lady is affecting a ton of people for the good. They will probably be baptized within the month.

On Sunday I taught the Gospel Principles class. The class was about service. It was great. We talked about the Saviors example in not only giving service, but accepting it as well. Many times, God answers our prayers through others...and we have to be willing to accept the service they bring us. We also need to be close to the Spirit to be guided to help people. To be the answer that God sends to their prayers. Serve someone this week:) I promise that you'll feel great!

I got my new Temple recommend this week. On Tuesday we went into the offices for Elder Mendez's final interview with president. While we were there, he pulled me into his office and just talked to me for a few minutes. Just asking how I was doing. He is awesome.

As far as what I need, I just got some pants and shirts that Elder Mendez left behind (Mom the pants and shirt that I burnt were ones that I found in the house....they weren't mine) so I'm good there...but I do need new shoes....I now have holes in the bottom of mine. They still work....just not when it rains:/ I'm going to take my camera to a place to see if they can fix it.

Anyways....I am feeling really good. I feel on fire!!!! Figuratively and literally. It is super hot here. Supposedly we're in the rainy season....but there's not very much rain. Yesterday it rained...but today it is blazing hot again!!! I am super tired but I feel good...I have just enough energy to get done what needs to be done....and then I'm out. It feels so good to see the fruits. It is amazing the peace and comfort that the Gospel brings:)

I Love you all so much and hope that you have an amazing week!!!!

Elder Cavenee

P.S. My new companion has a camera that works....soo, hopefully I can get more pictures until I fix mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment