Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Christmas Dinner/Conference/Baptism

Hey Family,                                                 Tuesday, Dec. 20th, 2016

¡¡¡¡FELIZ NAVIDAD!!!!

Sorry if I sound a little stressed out today....it's cause we have a wedding of some of our investigators in two hours, and we can't get a hold of the judge. I really hope that he doesn't bail on us!!! I'm a little stressed out for that right now because their baptism is today as well, and if they don't get married, they can't get baptized!!! I'm sure everything will turn out right, I'm just a little stressed out right now.

Yesterday we had our Christmas dinner/conference with President Haws and his family. It was a ton of fun. We played broom hockey as two zones. President only had three rules. Players couldn't lift the broom above the knee, goalies couldn't lift the broom over the waist, and everyone could hit Elder Cavenee with their brooms!!! They were messing with me because I'm the one who's going home soon. As we were playing, a sister hit me with her broom on accident. She was like ''Elder...I'm so sorry...wait...we're allowed to hit you, right?´´ Hahaha it was pretty funny! After playing, we all changed and ate. They catered food. I'm not sure what it was, but it was pretty good. After we ate, we read the Christmas story, and sang Christmas hymns as we went along. It was a lot of fun. I played the piano! Afterwards we had our white elephant gift exchange. It was a lot of fun.



Last Saturday Luis and Ana got married, and Luis got baptized. I went to the government records office like five times last week, and was running all around Mina trying to get everything ready while my companion was in divisions in our area. He joked around with me telling me that I needed to learn how to get people married so that it's easier when I get home! But we got everything done, and they got married. It was a wonderful service....I cried! As they were saying their vows (that's what its called...right?) they were both crying from the joy they felt, and it made me cry as well. It was great.



We painted two houses this week. I love service!!! My companion and I were joking around about coming back to Mina and starting a painting business (we were just joking...not for reals).  I like painting though:)


We are preparing a Christmas sacrament meeting with our ward mission leader. We got a choir together, and I'm playing the piano. Then my companion and I are going to give talks. It will probably be my last talk here in México:(

Everyone here seems to be counting down the days until I go home. Everyone I talk to always reminds me of how many days I have left, or that I'm going home soon! I try not to think about it too much, but the truth is that it is very soon!!! But there is still a lot to do here!!!!

Sorry, I gotta run to the judges house so that our wedding can go through!! I wish you all the best Christmas and that Saturday and Sunday you can all remember and feel the LOVE of the Savior.

I Love you all,

Elder Cavenee


No comments:

Post a Comment