Monday, December 5, 2016

Conference w Elder Pino!

Hello Family,                                                                    Monday, Dec. 5th, 2016

Man, did this week fly by. It feels like I was just here yesterday!!!! So....29 days left, but who's counting. Honestly the only time that I think about it is at night as I'm trying to fall asleep. The thought hits me, and it doesn't matter how tired I am, I can't fall asleep. I think its the nerves. Anyways, I'm pretty excited!

Crossing Freeway....with my new camera!!

This week was absolutely amazing. Elder Pino, who is the second counselor of the Area Presidency came and visited us this week. On Wednesday he had a special conference with the zones Acayucan, Minatitlan,and Coatza-Qualcos here in Mina. My companion and I as zone leaders were in charge of setting up the church for this conference of 56 missionaries. Elder Moore and Elder Gramajo, office secretaries showed up at 9:00 pm on Tuesday, with the instructions for the setup. It took about an hour and a half to get everything ready. We didn't leave the church until like 10:30 pm!

Wednesday, the conference with Elder Pino was spectacular. He took one of the missionary call letters, and we went through everything that it says about our calling. It has been a while since I have read my mission call letter. I took it out that night and reread it. I started crying, even though every letter is almost the same, it is so personal. My favorite part is when it says ''Greater blessings and more happiness than you have yet experienced await you as you humbly and prayerfully serve the Lord in this labor of love among His children.'' Yes, it is a labor of love, and I Love this labor. I have received so many blessings, and have been happier than ever in my life during this time. I have learned to love the people here...not only here, but everywhere. Heavenly Father has increased the size of my heart, and I want to share His love with everyone. I feel like Alma when he wanted to be an angel with the voice of a trumpet so that everyone could hear him. I want to be able to share the Love of Christ with everyone, but like Alma, I need to humble and do the best that I can, and follow the will of the Lord.

I was asked by President Haws to sing a special musical number for the conference. I sang O Holy Night (Sister Haws asked for that) and it turned out well. Sister Pino afterwards thanked me for using my talents in order to invite the Spirit. But I am learning that it is not me nor my talents, it comes from God through the Spirit. Without Him, I am nothing.

Sleeping Baby

On Friday we traveled to Villahermosa for the Mission Leadership Council also with Elder Pino. It was a great council. We talked about how we as a mission can double our monthly baptisms in the next four months. Elder Pino talked about the story of Nephi the boat. He told us that as a mission we are preparing to build a boat, a boat that the Lord is instructing us to build.


On Saturday we baptized Christopher!!!! His mom is going to get baptized in a couple weeks as well. He was so excited that when we were entering the water, he practically jumped in:) It was awesome!!! We have another baptism planned for this Saturday, so we'll see how that goes.

It is very hot here right now. We are in December, but it's like 96 degrees!!! Warm Christmas!!!

Anyways, I am doing amazing. I Love the work and am working with love.

I Love you all and wish you the most amazing week!

Love,

Elder Cavenee

No comments:

Post a Comment