Thursday, October 27, 2016

Change to Minatitlan!

Hello Family,                 (Note from Mary:  This is from Monday, Oct. 11th, 2016)

It was great to hear from you all again. Sounds like you all had a great time in California last week. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed that trip. Thanks for sharing those tender mercies. It is great to hear how the Spirit is touching your lives.

So....I don't have a ton of time....so much to do....but I'll write as much as I can. I am now in my new area in Minatítlan. My area covers two wards and a small branch....basically it is huge. Over the past two years they have closed a lot of areas in Mina so all of us here are in charge of several wards. My companion is Elder Gomez and he is from México City. He has 20 months in the mission and is going home just a couple weeks after I am. He is a great Elder, and I feel that we are going to have a lot of success together. We are zone leaders in charge of 10 Elders and 4 Sisters. There used to be two zones here in Mina, but now it is just one zone.

Normally Veracruz is cooler than Tabasco...but right now it is very hot here. It rains every night, but during the day the sun comes out and is very hot. I got sunburned for the first time in a very long time. It is very humid here....but that's okay. I'm pretty much used to it now.

The bad news of this week is I have some kind of infection. I have had a fever for five days now....with some other side affects. I've been to the doctor twice, and they have given me several different medications...but I'm not getting better. The only thing that helps is a fever reducer and painkiller that I take during the day. With that I feel fine, but at night it all comes back. Today the doctor said that it is an infection that is going to take about another week to get rid of...so we'll see what goes down.

Last week before I left to my new area we baptized Aldo and Alondra!!! On Tuesday Aldo's girlfriend told us that she also wanted to be baptized. It was a wonderful service. Alondra's sisters and Mom came (they are seventh-day Adventists). After their baptism....our landlord invited us to dinner with his family. It was a farewell Elder Cavenee/Congratulations Aldo y Alo dinner. It was super good. We ate tostadas, fluatas, empenadas, salbutes, and memelas. Super good!!!!

It was really hard to say goodbye to that ward. After seven months there, I really came to love everyone there. After the baptism I got to say goodbye to a lot of members that were there. In tears with several of them....it was hard...especially with my converts. But the Lord called me to another place, and I have to go where he called me.

Elder Gonzalez and I have found a lot of new investigators this week that are really great. There is a lot of work to do here. We taught a young women named Genesis who has leukemia. She is so sweet. We had a wonderful lesson with her and she accepted baptism....only she didn't come to church on Sunday:( We are going to keep working with her. We found several others, but no one came to church....so that is the goal this week. Get our investigators to church.

Anyways....I don't have any more time....sorry, but I hope you all have a wonderful week!!!! I love you all!!!!

Elder Cavenee

No comments:

Post a Comment